Staff at Macrumors was able to procure an internal Apple sales training document detailing how officially unlocked iPhone 4 will be made available to the customer. According to the leaked document, all iPhone 4s with an AT&T micro-SIM will be automatically unlocked and will be sold at full price without signing 2-year ball-and-chain contract.
There are two ways customers can buy an unlocked iPhone 4 at the Apple Store.
1. Buy an unlocked iPhone without a micro-SIM card inside for $649 (16GB) or $749 (32GB). Here are the new part numbers:
- MC603LL/A iPhone 4 Black 16GB
- MC604LL/A iPhone 4 White 16GB
- MC605LL/A iPhone 4 Black 32GB
- MC606LL/A iPhone 4 White 32GB
This is the best option for a customer who will not be using AT&T.
These customers will need to contact their GSM carrier of choice to obtain a micro-SIM card and wireless service. Do not hand out micro-SIM cards to customers purchasing iPhone 4 without a micro- SIM card.
2. Buy any iPhone 4 with an AT&T micro-SIM card inside at full price. These models will also be unlocked whether the customer signs up for an AT&T service plan or chooses the Device Only purchase option.
Note: All devices sold at the unsubsidized prices of $649 and $749 will be unlocked and can be activated and used on supported GSM carrier networks.
What do you think?