After Jailbreaking stamped legal by US government, more and more people are jailbreaking their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Why? The answer is simple! There are tons of powerful apps and tweaks available in Cydia store for jailbroken devices that will help you to customize the springboard, lockscreen and much ore which is otherwise not possible with apps available under Appstore. Here is a list of top 35 Cydia tweaks, from which you can choose after jailbreaking iOS devices.
List of 36 best Cydia Tweaks of all Time
1. FaceBreak: When Apple came out with FaceTime it worked only via Wi-Fi, with this tweak you are able to make FaceTime calls via 3G as well. Without any setup required you can easily get FaceTime running over 3G and use it anywhere you want. It is similar to 3G Unrestrictor and My3G, except it only works with FaceTime. FaceBreak is available for US$1.49 only.
2. Mark Read: Bombarded with too many emails which you are not going to read anyway? Well, this tweak may do wonder for you as it provides an easy way to mark all your inbox items as read, or just emails you select as read. Just tap “Edit” on your mailbox, and you will be provided with an option to select certain emails or tap “Mark All.” You can also mass archive or move emails, too. Mark Read Cydia app is available for $1.99.
3. EZDecline: Replaces “slide to answer” with “Answer” and “Decline” buttons instead. It comes handy when you are busy in a meeting or sleeping and do not wish to answer a call. EZDecline restores the Accept/Decline button from a call even when your iPhone is currently locked. It works on all iPhones, and optimized for iPhone4′s retina display. EZDecline is available for $0.99 in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo.
4. Gpower Pro: Simple tweak that alters the default power down screen and modifies the options displayed when you press and hold the power button on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Rather than just showing “Slide to Power Off”, you’ll now also have the ability to Respring and reboot in the same manner. GPower Pro is available in Cydia for $0.99 in Cydia.
5. NoLockScreen: It disables the “Slide to unlock” feature. In case you don’t have passcode or pending message, it will skip the lockscreen completely when unlocking.
6. SnapTap: Most of the users have a habit of using hardware buttons to click a photo, especially those who have recently adopted iPhone. This tweak lets you take photos with the iPhone’s volume controls and headset button instead of finding the small camera touch button at the bottom. Support iOS 4.x and iPhone 4 as well. Get your SnapTap tweak for $1.49 only.
7. MobileVolumeSound: This tweak adds the sound when you press the volume up or down buttons to your iPhone. Unlike Mac OS X, this noise is not present in iOS for an unkown reason. MobileVolumeSound adds this feature back to iOS, and works on all versions from 3.0 on.
8. Infinifolders: It allows Jailbroken iOS 4 folders to go on forever, Infinifolders bypass Apple’s limitations of 12 apps in a single iOS 4 folder and allow you to put inside a folder as many apps as you want, choose the color of the scroll bar and even paginate the folder.
9. HDR/Game Center Enabler: Currently, iPhone 3G user on iOS 4.1 cannot access GameCenter while iPhone 3GS owners on iOS 4.1 have GameCenter, but Apple completely denied the compatibility of HDR photos (High dynamic range photos) function. With HDR/GameCenter Enabler tweak you can easily enable GameCenter on the iPhone 3G, as well as enable HDR Images in the camera app for both the iPhone 3G and 3GS running iOS 4.1 firmware. Activate it with Winterboard.
10. SecretSMS: This awesome tweak encrypts SMS messages so that they can only be read with a password. You can easily send encrypted SMS to your contacts. Receiver cannot see the plain text unless he or she knows the password. It is one of the very convenient, useful, safe and professional tool.
11. Locktopus: You can now password lock your individual applications directly from Springboard without opening another app and respring with “Loctopus”. Loctopus Cydia jailbreak app provides protection against opening of single iPhone application from unauthorized access. This is the most simple and safe method out there to lock any of your apps. Loctopus is available for $1.99 only.
12. Home Page in Safari: You can finally set the homepage in your iPhone’s Safari browser like you would on any other browser. Allows you to set a home page in Mobile Safari by simply tapping the “+” button while visiting the website of your choice, then tapping the “Set as Home”. “Home Page in Safari” is available on Cydia via BigBoss repository for $0.99 only.
13. EnhancedTabs: Must have tweak that lets you adjust Safari’s “Open in New Page” action. You can either set safari to “normal”, which opens a link in a new tab, or you can force it to stay in the current tab or the tab overview screen while a new page opens in the background. You can also choose to automatically go to the tab overview screen every time you launch Safari. The “TabCloser” option can be enabled to close all tabs but the selected one.
14. FolderEnhancer: Unlike FoldersinFolders App, FolderEnhancer for iOS 4.x not only creates sub-folders on iPhone and iPod Touch but also allow you to move multiple icons in single step. The app works flawlessly with Iconoclasm and support icon pages and pages with in folder and Sub folders. For example, after creating games folder you can create one or more folder like action games, board games and so on. You can keep creating folders, inside folders, inside folders, etc.
15. FullScreen for Safari: This tweak allows you to run Safari in full-screen mode and navigate using touch gestures. Actions can be assigned to each Gesture, so you can customize the way it works to your liking. You can map two and three-finger controls, double taps and shaking the device. FullScreen for Safari is available for $1.49 via Cydia.
16. MyOS: It is a new tweak that allows you to enable or disable all the major functions of iOS without having to edit a plist file. Such settings you can enable or disable are: Multitasking, Homescreen WallPapers, Unified iPod (merged video and iPod apps into the Music App), AppStore Access, Contacts, Enable HDR photos, GameCenter (3G only), Camera and Voice Control.
17. Wi-Fi Sync: It allows you to completely sync your iPhone or iPod touch with iTunes without having to tether. You check out WiFi Sync app video in action. The Wi-Fi Sync iPhone app is available on Cydia for $9.99, which requires jailbroken iOS 4.x firmware.
18. iPShare: Cydia app that allows you to share your 3G Data Connection from the iPhone or iPad 3G within your local WiFi Network. It’s basically a SOCKS5 Proxy so you can create a WiFi Network on our Computer, connect the iPhone/iPad to that Network and browse the Internet on your Computer using the iPhones/iPads Internet connection. iPShare Cydia app is available for only $2.90.
19. My3G: It makes Apps believe that they are on WiFi instead of 3G and let you make and take FaceTime calls over 3G (no Wi-Fi required) on your iPhone 4, Jailbroken with JailbrekMe. With My3G, you can now also watch high definition YouTube videos, use Skype or Fring or other VOIP apps over the 3G network. Good alternative to 3G unrestrictor.
20. Auto3G: This tweak extends battery life by automatically turning off 3G when you lock your phone then turning it back on automatically when you unlock. You can also have Auto3G automatically turn-off the 3G radio when you have a WiFi connection. Te tweak works with iPhonw 4, 3GS, 3G and is available at a price of $5.99 only.
21. Multifl0w: Awesome task-switcher that have expose like interface to switch between applications running in background. Multifl0w multitasking app displays upto 9 applications preview that are running in background in a sleek interface with the thumbnails of the applications on-screen, for easy and quick task switching.
22. SpringFlash: It is a springboard Activator-based application that takes advantage of the iPhone 4 LED Flash to serve as a flashlight. You can have a touch of a button for a bright LED flashlight without hassling with unlocking your iPhone, closing your app, or even turning on your screen. To install SpringFlash, you need to jailbreak your iPhone 4.
23. MxTube: It is iPhone first native YouTube Video downloader for watching then offline later. It has a slick interface much like the native YouTube app from Apple, that lets you search for videos and schedules tasks to download either a Wi-Fi or Edge version of the video. MxTube Cydia app works flawlessly on jailbroken iPhone running iOS 4.x firmware.
24. CyDelete: It allows you to remove Cydia packages right from the SpringBoard like Appstore. Just hold down the icon, wait for them to start wiggling, and tap the X. It is important to note that CyDelete will not remove applications that are not managed by Cydia, though they will be marked with an X. In addition to it, it will also not remove Cydia itself.
25. Covert: Add a “Private Browsing” mode to Safari that does not save history and restore cookie preferences when closing or restarting Safari. It adds the feature to Mobile Safari itself, taking inspiration from Chrome for design. The UI changes color when the Private Browsing is enabled. Covert is the best way to manage your privacy while browsing through iPhone.
26. iPicMyContacts: A simple tweak that shows contact pictures next to their names in your address book. iPcMyContacts comes very handy, when many of your contacts share same name (both first and last name). iPcMyContacts is available for $1.29 in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo.
27. LockInfo: It is one of the best jail-broken Cydia apps that provide functionality most anyone would expect would be available by default on their iPhone. LockInfo brings your calendar, e-mail, news, sports, weather, SMS notifications and missed calls to the lockscreen. LockInfo has now been updated with Retina Display.
28. Gridlock: It allows you to reposition springboard icons freely! You can move the icons in every possible way in the 4×4 layout throughout the Springboard, even allowing you to leave empty space. With Gridlock Cydia app you can arrange your springboard icons in order of how frequently they are being used or assigning rows to a particular category of apps on Jailbroken iDevice.
29. Overboard: This adds an overview of all the Springboard pages and allows you to jump in between them. It extends the Springboard page limit, too. OverBoard can be customized using Settings.app on your iDevice. You can customize the size of the preview, the display of the status-bar and icons in the dock and much more. This older app has been recently updated to support iOS 4.x and retina display is available for $1.99 only.
30. Synchronicity: This tweak lets you continue to use your iPhone or iPod Touch while you sync with iTunes. You can run apps, make calls, etc. but cannot run music app, as it might corrupt the data. Synchonicity Cydia app is available for $2.00 only.
31. Resupported4: Want to play iPhone, iPod Touch videos on TV? This is must have Cydia tweak that enables video-out with the use of almost any unsupported AV cables, usually made for iPods. It adds video playback support to third-party applications, such as Hulu+, IMDB, VEVO, and more! Resupported4 is available in Cydia or Rock and includes a 10 Day Trial.
32. AndroidLock XT: An enhanced version of AndroidLock, and android like lockscreen for your iDevice. Just Tap or slide to unlock. AndroidLock XT is compatible with LockCalendar, LockInfo and Cydgets and is available for $1.49 only.
33. LS Rotator: Like iPad, this tiny tweak lets you rotate your lockscreen according to your device’s orientation. After pairing up with SBRotator, your iPhone act just like the iPad. Just tap the lockscreen with 2 fingers, your able to lock the orientation for those moments when you just don’t want to rotate. Rotation duration, orientation angles and graphical options are available under settings. LS Rotator is available via Cydia at a price of $0.99 only.
34. GroupSend: This Cydia mod lets you send a message to a group of people available in your address book. When you choose to “add contact” while composing a new message, you can select more than one contact rather than one by one. You can also select existing groups you have created as well in a single tap. GroupSend app is available in Cydia for $1.49 and slightly cheaper than GroupSMS which is tagged for $1.99 only.
35. iControl: It automatically manages the usage of your WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, and 2G radios on your device to maximize the battery life of your iPhone. This mod will manage things even when your iPhone is locked. iControl is available via Cydia at a price of $4.99 only.
36. Silent Photo: Turn off the annoying camera shutter sound when you take a photo. You can easily activate it with Winterboard.
Did I missed any of the powerful Cydia app and your favorite? Well, you can always share your list of Apps via comments. You can follow us on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on such iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad hacks. You may also like to check out more on iPhone apps: