Few days back Sheriff Hashim posted video showing procedure that allows you to activate an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G without the original SIM card. Soon after, Apple got the phonebook SIM card trick and fixed by hooking the activation wildcard ticket to the ICCID of the used SIM. However, you can bypass this block with a patch. Follow the simple steps listed below in order to activate iPhone 4 without the original SIM card.
Activate & Unlock iPhone 4 without the original SIM card
Step 1: Purchase a PhoneBook Card (DITS online store or eBay).
Step 2: Upgrade your iPhone to iOS 4.0.1 and activate it with the PhoneBook Card by inserting it as a normal SIM. Your iPhone will be activated temporarily and will again stop after you remove the Card.
Step 4: Launch Cydia and download Hacktivation Patch from the following repositories http://cydia.pushfix.info/
Step 5: After a reboot, download ultrasn0w 1.0-1 to unlock the baseband of your iPhone.
You can now use your iPhone with any SIM carrier of your choice.
You may also like to check out more on iPhone 4 Unlock and Jailbreak:
- Fix Different SIM Detected [Emergency Mode] Issue after iPhone Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G iOS 4 / 4.0.1, iPod Touch, iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0 star
- Carrier Unlock iOS 4.0.1 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G with Ultrasn0w 1.0-1
- Unlocked Phone 4 on Bell carrier, first video, second video
- How to Unlock 05.12.01, 04.26.08 to 05.13.04 Baseband on iPhone 3GS/iOS 4 with ultrasn0w 0.93