Lost your iPhone? Or looking a way out to move all the files from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4? Well, you can easily recover data from lost iPhone or transfer files if you have taken iTunes backup earlier. After syncing an iPhone, iTunes splits the iPhone’s backup data (messages, contacts, images from the iPhone camera and lots of other stuff) into several files. Accessing these files into readable format is not easy. If you are not a geek or nerd then you may use any of the 5 utilities listed below to convert iTunes Backups into readable format like text, pdf, XML, V-card.
1: iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor
The tool converts the iPhone or iPod Touch backups that are created by iTunes into Mac OS X files. It helps in Decoding the files that are stored on the iPhone or iPod Touch, such as Call History, SMS messages, and Notes.
The current version works with iTunes 10.0.1 and iOS 4.1 or lower. Make sure you are running this application on “Leopard” Mac OS X 10.5 upwards. Snow Leopard is supported as well. Click here to download “iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor” application.
PhoneView allow you to access iPhone and iPad’s file storage, voicemail, SMS, call log, notes, contacts, bookmarks, music and photos all on your Mac.
- PhoneView automatically backs up your SMS and MMS messages, which can then be exported as PDF files, text or XML file format.
- PhoneView provides full access to your iPhone’s voicemail messages and allow you to take the backup.
- View, search and export your iPhone’s recent calls
- It displays your contact list organized by contact group. Just drag contacts to the Desktop to save V-card files or send contacts directly to your Mac OS X Address Book.
- All data displayed or archived by PhoneView is automatically searchable. Quickly find old text messages, voicemail messages and more
- Allow you to download camera photos and movies in just a few clicks. You can even use PhoneView to export the iPhone’s synced Photo Library if you’ve lost the originals.
This iPhone backup utility supports iOS 4.x as well, but currently, Notes add/edit/delete, Call Log delete, Message delete and Camera Roll delete are not available for iOS 4.x devices. Download Phoneview.
iTunes backs up all of your data automatically while syncing your device. JuicePhone helps you in extracting those backups so that you can browse through your iPhone’s data on your computer. You can then save your notes and text messages, songs and other application files. JuicePhone is compatible with iPhone 4 and all devices running iOS 4.x firmware. Lets have a quick snapshot of JuicePhone features list:
- Extract your iPhone / iPod touch / iPad backups and browse through your device’s files.
- Copy data from any specific application installed on your device.
- Find out information about your backed up devices, including their serial number and identifier.
4: iPhone Backup Extractor
The iPhone Backup Extractor allow you to extract contacts, calendar events, text messages, notes, photos, videos, call histories and more from your computer’s backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. There are a number of uses for the iPhone Backup Extractor:
- If you’ve unintentionally deleted files or contacts have been erased during synchronization. Restoring the entire phone through this tool is darn easy.
- Allow you to recover your data back in case you lose or break your iPhone. iTunes does not allow you extract specific files, or restore without a iPhone.
- You may find the upgrade process from iPhone 2.2 to 3.0 can delete all of your data. iTunes will not restore 2.2 data to a 3.0 phone.
- If you recently upgraded your iPhone or iPod Touch, and want to move the files from your old iPhone to new iPhone. On the other hand, iTunes does not provide this functionality.
- If you need to pull out application specific data: voice notes from AppStore voice applications, game hi-scores, etc. iTunes will not do this and there is no other way without jail-breaking the phone.
This tool is free to download and will automatically find your iPhone backup for you, then show you what it contains. Download iPhone Backup Extractor.
5: iPhone backup SMS Extractor
Online utility that allow you to export SMS texts or address book contacts from an iPhone onto a computer. Just upload your iPhone backup file containing your messages or contacts (while syncing with iTunes). You can then download your SMS and contacts in plaintext, PDF, CSV or XML for further processing, archiving, recovery, etc. Start using iPhone backup SMS Extractor and let us know about your experience with it.
You can follow us on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on such iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Tools. You may also like to access our iPhone Apps gallery and iPod Touch Apps gallery.