When we publish our guides to jailbreak the devices, we often happen to say that the tool in question can only unlock the iPhone 3G with he old iBoot and not the new one. But how you determine it? iH8sn0w has just released the iDetector that helps you to determine Bootrom version.
iDetector is very easy to use application to tell whether or not your iPhone 3G[S] contains the New Bootrom or the Old bootrom. Just place your 3GS into DFU mode and click the button.
How to put in DFU
- Connect your iPhone to your computer;
- Press Home + Power timed for 10 seconds;
- Release the power button while continuing to press the home button for 10 seconds;
- To exit DFU just hit the button for 10 seconds Home + Power until the phone turns on.
- In principle, the iPhone can be unlocked with old iBoot always a little ahead of those with the new iBoot. You just have to try and remember which version iDetector iBoot you iPhone 3G, so you can adjust in our guides, and instantly see if you can even run it on your terminal or not.
Download iDetector for Windows