Apparantly, Apple has developed a fix for iPhone mobile safari browser security hole that allows iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to visit a Web site JailbreakMe.com, which hosts an exploit code written by comex to bypass the digital code signatures used by Apple in all iDevices. The method is being used to jailbreak all iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad including iPhone 4.
On Wednesday an Apple spokeswoman said in a statement,
“We’re aware of this reported issue, we have already developed a fix and it will be available to customers in an upcoming software update.”
Principal analyst Charlie Miller of Independent Security Evaluators added,
There are two distinct vulnerabilities in the iPhone uncovered with the jailbreak software’s release, One flaw is in the way the browser parses PDF files, enabling the code to get inside a protective sandbox, and the other hole allows code to break out of the sandbox and get root, or control, privileges on the device.
Apple has developed a fix for JailbreakMe (not released yet). Better buy your iPhone 4s soon if you want to use it.
Planetbeing is suggesting iPhone community members buying an iPhone 4 as soon as possible because once the new firmware is pushed, Apple will update all iDevices, and then you will not have any way to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with JailbreakMe.
Yesterday, no one expected a new iOS 4.1 beta 3 firmware update and it seems that the release of this new software version has been pushed to put an end to JailbreakMe.
If you have already Jailbroken your iDevice with JailbreakMe 2.0 star software, you must also save SHSH Blobs to jailbreak in case you update to a new firmware. Taking backup of SHSH blobs is darn easy. Just follow our step by step tutorial on how to save or backup SHSH blobs for iPad 3.2.1 or any iDevice.
- How To: Backup SHSH Blobs on Mac with Firmware Umbrella
- How To: Backup SHSH Blobs on Windows with Firmware Umbrella
You might also like to check out more on iPhone carrier unlock and Jailbreak:
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G using JailbreakMe 2.0 star
- Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G using JailbreakMe 2.0 star
- How to Carrier Unlock iOS 4.0.1 iPhone 4 with Ultrasn0w
- iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock Legally Permitted by United States
- Unlocked Phone 4 on Bell carrier, first demo video, second demo video
- How to Unlock 05.12.01, 04.26.08 to 05.13.04 Baseband on iPhone 3GS/iOS 4 with ultrasn0w 0.93
Via – CNET