“Myos” is a new Cydia package tweak that integrates seamlessly with the iPhone Settings, allowing the user to enable or disable all the major functions of iOS adapting the device to your needs without having to edit a plist file.
Using the MyOS menu you can manage the various functions of the iPhone iOS and enable or disable them by simply pressing the dedicated toggle. Once you’ve made your changes, simply press on Respring to ensure they are applied. Such settings you can enable or disable are: Multitasking, Homescreen WallPapers, Unified iPod (merged video and iPod apps into the Music App), AppStore Access, Contacts, Enable HDR photos, GameCenter (3G only), Camera and Voice Control.
MyOS Cydia Tweak Features
- Multitasking – Disables multitasking on iOS 4
- Homescreen Wallpapers – Disable setting a custom background in the Home
- Unified iPod – transforms and unifies applications and Music Video (iPod Touch) to iPod (iPhone) or vice versa
- App Store – Disable the App Store from the device
- HDR – Disables it on the iPhone 4
- Game Center – enables the Game Center on iPhone 3G
- Camera.app – Disables the iPhone camera
- Voice Control – Disables the voice control on devices that support it
By disabling “Unified iPod” and Respringing Springboard will Result in a split iPod app for Music and Video. These features are open to all 4.0+ iOS devices and will be expanded as new versions continue to be released and updated. MyOS is available in Cydia via the BigBoss repo at a price of $ 0.99.
Before installing, make sure to jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch iOS 4.x using greenpois0n or Limera1n. For more iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Tips Cydia twaeks, please follow us on Twitter or become a Facebook fan. You may also like to check out following apps and tools after jailbreaking your iPhone.